COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT THROUGH POLYTECHNICS SCHEME
The Community Polytechnic Scheme (CPS) was launched in 1979 by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and was implemented during the period 1979-2007. Having successfully implemented the scheme of CPS for nearly a three decade of period (1979-2007), the MHRD introduced the scheme called as Community Development through Polytechnics (CDTP) in 2009.
This scheme was an improvement of the erstwhile scheme of CPS and 56 Polytechnic Colleges in Tamil Nadu selected as per the norms of MHRD, are implementing the scheme effectively.
Main objectives of the scheme
1. To carryout Need Assessment Surveys, to assess the technology and training needs
2. The impart Skill Development Training Programmes, to the intended target groups
3. To disseminate Appropriate Technologies, for productivity enhancement
4. To provide Technical & Support Services, to rural masses and slum dwellers
5. To create awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues of importance – Dissemination of information