Department of Automobile Engineering
About the Department:
Automobile Sector is the field which has been witnessing unprecedented developments in the recent years. Its growth, being driven by the technological developments in multidisciplinary domains, the need for engineers with relevant and competent knowledge and skills will be strongly felt.
In order to cater such a need, the Department of Automobile Engineering was started in the college in the year 1994 under World Bank scheme. Since automobile engineering is the discipline that requires theoretical inputs to go hand in hand with practical exposure, the department strives to provide intensive in-plant training of 4 weeks to all the students in major automobile companies. With such an academic exposure, it is obvious that the graduating students will have greater opportunities of getting placed in leading companies globally.
Presently, the department is offering a 3 year diploma programme and 1½ year post diploma programme leading to diploma in Automobile Engineering with an annual intake of 110 students.
Develop competent and responsible diploma automobile engineers to cater to the needs of the industry, and society.
- Equip students with contemporary knowledge and skills in automobile engineering.
- Develop competent and passionate faculty and staff to enable effective teaching and learning process.
- Establish compatible art infrastructure for the effective delivery of knowledge and skills.
- Establish sustainable and productive industry institute interaction.
- Equip the students with necessary qualities to become successful entrepreneurs.