Value Added Education Courses
The Value Added Education Courses aim to provide additional, learner centric, graded skill oriented technical training, with the primary objective of improving the employability skills of engineering students of NPTC and Dr.MCET. The main objectives of the program are:
· To provide students an understanding of the expectations of industry.
· To improve employability skills of diploma and engineering students
· To bridge the skill gaps and make students industry ready.
· To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary skills.
The strategy adopted tries to bridge the perceived technical competency gaps of students by providing training in employability enhancing technical subjects through noncredit courses of 36 hours duration.
In addition to this, other value added education courses that might further improve the employability prospects of the students are also offered after regular contact hours on optional basis. The various Centres of Excellence and Training Centres established in NPTC and Dr.MCET in collaboration with industry leaders are utilised, in addition to the infrastructure and lab facilities available in all the Departments, for conducting these employability enhancing Courses.
The following value added Courses focus on skill development and more than 50% of the time is spent on practical training and problem solving, to provide the requisite understanding towards application of academic topics from engineering disciplines into real world engineering projects.
1. Auto CAD
2. Skill Trainings Program on CNC Turning and Milling
3. Skill Training on Machining and Assembly of Slider
4. Bridge course on C & C++ Programming, HTML, MS Office
5. STADD Pro
6. Total Station
7. 3D Max
9. Spoken Hindi
10. Embedded system
11. Textile CAD